pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Odd accel behaviour - fixed

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Odd accel behaviour - fixed
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:53:02 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:38:18 +0000 as excerpted:

> OK, so I just tried changing it and that didn't work either, and then
> the lightbulb came on:  The defaults written out are all commented out.
> I removed the "; " at the beginning of the line and now it's working as
> expected.

Wasn't that about the first thing I asked? =:^)

(Actually, third, but in the first mail.)

>>> And you're remembering to remove the leading semicolon indicating a
>>> comment on that line when you edit it, right?

(Yeah, I DID just say "I told you so!"  =;^)

In any case, glad the mystery is cleared up, tho why the accel simply up
and disappeared is still a mystery.  But mystery or not, it's fixed.  I
was really getting puzzled given that you indicated it was /not/ simply
due to commenting it out, about like I was when all the reports started
coming in about pan being so slow with gnome... that (was it you that
finally made the connection on that one?) was eventually traced to the
accessibility technology stuff, so it's rather a relief that it was
something as simple as it being commented out, after all.