pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Odd accel behaviour

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Odd accel behaviour
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:07:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:50:53 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Jim Henderson posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:22:25 +0000 as excerpted:
>
>> Tried that; it recreated it but I still don't have that option.
>
> That's just weird.  You're using the right accels.txt, under ~/.pan2/
> unless you've pointed pan elsewhere by setting the PAN_HOME
> environmental variable, correct?

Yep, using the correct accels.

> I'm assuming the other accels still work, correct?

Yep.

> Do you perhaps have a "stuck" key, such that it's mapping to something
> other than ^E, or have the Ctrl mapped to some other function?  (Try
> running xev from a terminal, and typing into the resulting window, the
> results should show up in the terminal.)

Nope.  Doesn't seem to be mapped to anything else.

> Did this change coincide with an upgrade, perhaps, maybe to some
> library, or to the X input drivers?

I don't think so; I recently installed a Wacom Intuos4 tablet on the
system, but I believe ^E continued doing what it was supposed to after I
got the wacom driver configured.

It's possible there were some system updates between working and not
working, but the weird thing is that if I make the change in accels.txt
and start pan up, the modified file has the mapping removed.

I may have to run strace against pan to see if I can tell why it's
changing the file - or at least where it's changing it.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson