pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: A very quick question...

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: A very quick question...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:36:09 -0500

I use suck for the few news groups that I want a lot of stuff from.
Then I use a live connection for the ones that have a ton of stuff I don't want but a few things I do want. suck can't do any filtering as written so the bandwidth used to download a lot of stuff I would throw away would be wasted. :-(

Makes a nice compromise and keeps the bandwidth usage fairly well evened out all day. :-)

Jim Henderson wrote:
Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

and yes, I've looked at tin/rn/slrn/nn, and they all suck.

Well, interestingly enough, you could use a program called 'suck' to
pull messages down to your own news server - that's something that could
be kicked off remotely as well.  I know it's been mentioned before on
the list, but in this case, I'd see that as a potential option as well.

Jim