pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: A very quick question...

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: A very quick question...
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:09:24 -0500

> Well, interestingly enough, you could use a program called 'suck' to
> pull messages down to your own news server - that's something that could
> be kicked off remotely as well.  I know it's been mentioned before on
> the list, but in this case, I'd see that as a potential option as well.

yep. I've experimented with it a long time ago, before pan was really
usable. I was trying that and another program (forget what) to try to grab
articles I was interested in (leafnode was involved somewhere along the
line, but it was 2-3 years ago and I don't remeber clearly).

I couldn't make it work at the time (being fairly new to Linux didn't help);
but pan comes awfully close to doing exactly what I wanted that arrangement
to do... just a few more features and it'll be nearly perfect. :)

and yes, I am trying to learn C programming so maybe someday I can actually
contribute patches to get the features I want. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises