pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: A very quick question...

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: A very quick question...
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:56:46 -0700

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 12:17:27PM -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
>> It sounds like this is a Gtk+ vs. Qt. religious issue for you.
>> If so, you'd probably be happier hacking on KNode, since it would
>> be simpler to write Pan from scratch than to decouple its core from
>> GLib and GMime.
>
> even the downloader/decoder back-end?

Yes, but thats OK: GLib and GMime are Gnome-related, but they're
low enough to not do any GUI work at all, and they have almost no
prerequisites.  The only motivation I can think of for removing
them would be zealotry..

> (still on track for 0.13?)

Probably not.  I'm punting all the remaining freatures to get
0.13.0 out before the Mandrake 9 freeze.  Volunteers are welcomed.

cheers,
Charles