openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] command line utilities to join tiled images?

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] command line utilities to join tiled images?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:21:27 -0700

I cannot reproduce the problem on my Linux machine.  After setting
HAVE_PATHREAD and HAVE_POSIX_SEMAPHORES in OpenEXRConfig.h to 0,
I typed "make clean; make; make check", and all tests pass.
(I've tried running "make check" repeatedly, but the program fails
to hang.)

Did you "make clean" after setting HAVE_PTHREAD to 0?

Stephen Sloan wrote:
Yes I wish I *didn't* have a machine that runs cygwin right now! But such is life. Well turning posix semaphores to 0 certainly allowed me to get much further - after changing that all the "missing and broken scan lines" tests with 0, 1, 2, 3 thread go by fine. Then the first line "using multiple threads and a shared frame buffer, num of threads:0" just hangs with the procesors chugging away - last line visible in the shell:
"channels RGBA, compression 0, writing"
I eventually just killed it and tried changing the threads to 0 as well. That gets me further but I still get a hang - this time it makes it to line 162 of testStandardAttributes.cpp:
"latitude-longitude environment map"
and then just hangs... hmmmmmm