openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] command line utilities to join tiled images?

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] command line utilities to join tiled images?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:43:53 -0700

For older versions of Windows we had to disable the code
in testExtractEuler.cpp because it failed for no good reason.
We thought it was a compiler bug, but it could also be a
problem with some library that is used by both Visual C++
and cygwin.

Try changing line 217 in testExtractEuler.cpp from

    float eps = 8.0 * limits<float>::epsilon();

    float eps = 16.0 * limits<float>::epsilon();

If make check still fails, disable the test by putting a return
statement at the beginning of function testExtractEuler(),
at line 240.  If make check succeeds after that, you can use
the OpenEXR libraries (they don't use Euler angles).  Just don't
call the Euler angle extraction functions in your own code unless
you figure out how to fix them.

Florian

Stephen Sloan wrote:
Good suggestion!
the g++ I had was 3.4.4-1 - the only newer version I saw using the cygwin setup was 3.4.4-2 - I installed and it made without erroring out! then I ran make check and all test passed until I got to ImathTest which failed... Testing extraction of rotation angle from 3x3 matrices assertion "Imath::equal(angle, angleEx, eps)" failed: file "testExtractEuler.cpp", line 229 On 8/29/06, *Alexander Stohr* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    update g++ to something newer?