openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] command line utilities to join tiled images?

From: Alexander Stohr
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] command line utilities to join tiled images?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:55:44 +0200

i dont know about any such utiltiy right now,
but writing one on your own would not be that complex:

you just have to load the 4 tiles and then copy the raw
pixels into a single buffer that once again gets encoded.
for this using an openexr library would be all you need.
(if it were friday now, i would say, drop me a note and
i will try my very best on this topic until next monday.)

for JPEG with micro tiles encoding (some 16x16, you
might see them when encoding with too much loss)
it would be even possible to just join the micro tiles
without even a need for decoding them. That needs
deeper knowledge of image format and might not work
if the width or height arent multiple of micro tile size.

i am not sure if something similar to the second method
will be allowed for some/all EXR format encodings.

-Alex.