Re: [Nmh-workers] Every Three Minutes

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Every Three Minutes
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:58:23 -0800

Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> writes:
>Hi Norm,
>
>Also, have you more than one machine on your network that deals with
>email?  Only a single Postfix wouldn't normally loop on an error like
>that, for obvious reasons, so I wonder if you've multiple parties on
>your network, nothing to do with the ISP, and this is chatter amongst
>themselves.  If so, you need to be looking at the queues on the one
>sending the email; lad.dad.org?
>
>If you just want some peace whilst looking, stopping the postfix(s) one
>by one may help.  `sudo /etc/init.d/postfix stop' or whatever your Unix
>prefers

As far as I know, lad.dad.org is the only local computer involved, in any way,
with Email.

I stopped postfix.  The deluge stopped and as nearly as I can tell Email to and
from lad.dad.org  is now working fine.

Apparently, postfix was doing nothing for me except to tell me when mail I send
is unsatisfactory in some respects. And then to nag me mercilessly.

I assume that if I restart postfix, the deluge will continue. But if I don't I
will never be notified of errant Email,

Help !!

    Norman hapiro