Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-ignore and .cvsignore files

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-ignore and .cvsignore files
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:14:51 -0700

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:36:38AM +0200, Bruno Hertz wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> >> If it was possbile to constrain it to a specific directory, it could
> >> very well make sense. For example together with an analogue of Emacs
> >> PCL-CVS mode for monotone.
> >
> > Hmm:
> >
> > ~/src/monotone/src$ monotone ls unknown | wc -l
> > 101
> > ~/src/monotone/src$ monotone ls unknown tests | wc -l
> > 4
> >
> > :-)
>
> Ah. I tried
>
>   monotone ls unknown tests .
>
> in the working copy root dir and it still walked the entire tree.
> 18.1  speaking.

Hmm, what did you expect that to do?

(It was interpreted as; list everything that's in 'tests', or in '.'.
Since everything is in '.', this is the same as specifying nothing...)

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco