Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-ignore and .cvsignore files

From: Nuno Lucas
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: .mt-ignore and .cvsignore files
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:40:37 +0100

[13-05-2005 0:08, David Brown escreveu]
On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:17:56 -0700, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker I encountered this as a problem with 'arch', though, because their default ignore list has 'core' as a file to ignore. It also ignores the entire net/core directory when importing the linux kernel.

I'm one of those that decided to use monotone to version my /etc dir
and have this same problem with a /etc/init.d/net.lo file. Monotone
simply refuses to add it because it is an "ignorable" file.

As it's not one of the files I'm more interested in versioning (it's
part of the base layout of my Gentoo system, not a config file), I never
bothered to mess with any lua hook to solve it (I have so many other
things I want to learn before that ;)).

I think monotone should allow us to add an ignorable file to monotone
and continue to ignore others not in the manifest, but I don't have any
idea on how the code is organized, so I let that for other brave soul(s)
more interested on it than me :D

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas