mibble-users

[Mibble-users] Re: Mibble 2.2 fails to flag bad syntax of a MIB variable

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: [Mibble-users] Re: Mibble 2.2 fails to flag bad syntax of a MIB variable
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:45:55 +0100

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 01:30, Per Cederberg wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 22:00, address@hidden wrote:
> > Anyways, I have a different question now: how pedantic
> > is this MIB parser? In comparison with SMIC and net-snmp parser?
> > I find that it fails to detect the following error in the MIB:
>
> In general Mibble should be more pedantic than other
> MIB parsers. I've found minor errors in MIB files that
> seem to have been accepted by other tools. And that
> includes both RFC:s and files from other sources (such
> as a number of files from Cisco... ;-)

Maybe I should clarify that I have NOT compared Mibble
with either of the two parsers you mention. If you do
some comparisons yourself, I'd be more than happy if
you'd share your findings here with us on the
mibble-users list.

Or does anyone else have comparisons or insights to
contribute?

Cheers,

/Per