mibble-users

[Mibble-users] Mibble 2.2 fails to flag bad syntax of a MIB variable

From: rks
Subject: [Mibble-users] Mibble 2.2 fails to flag bad syntax of a MIB variable
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:00:40 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, that works (I should have seen the cause of the defect).

Anyways, I have a different question now: how pedantic
is this MIB parser? In comparison with SMIC and net-snmp parser?
I find that it fails to detect the following error in the MIB:

    // File: CISCO-AAA-SERVER-MIB.my
    //...
    CasConfigEntry ::=
        SEQUENCE {
            --casProtocol                  CiscoAAAProtocol,
            casProtocol                    INTEGER,
            //...
        }

    casProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX      CiscoAAAProtocol
        MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
        //...
       ::= { casConfigEntry 1 }

    //...

$  java net.percederberg.mibble.MibbleValidator ./CISCO-AAA-SERVER-MIB.my
Reading ./CISCO-AAA-SERVER-MIB.my... [OK]

Files processed:  1
      with errors:    0
      with warnings:  0
$

Am I missing something or is this another bug? CiscoAAAProtocol is a
locally defined textual convention with the base syntax of INTEGER.

Thanks,

Rk
x77309