mibble-users

Re: [Mibble-users] Mibble 2.2: Fails to load imported modules

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Mibble-users] Mibble 2.2: Fails to load imported modules
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:05:37 +0100

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 00:34, address@hidden wrote:
> I already checked the code of MibbleValidator
> before writing the list and thought that the
> code was adding the directory of the specified
> MIB file to the MibLoader path:
>
>   >         loader.addDir(file.getParentFile());
>
> DOes not this line add the dir of the specified
> MIB file to the MibLoad path?

Oh, sorry... I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday,
so I didn't really answer your question, did I?

Looking closer at your case, it looks like you
have found a bug. It seems that the getParentFile()
method doesn't return anything useful if the
file name didn't have a directory portion.

As a workaround, run MibbleValidator like this
instead:

java net.percederberg.mibble.MibbleValidator ./CISCO-TC.txt
                                             ^^

Seems I've only ever tried validating files by
specifying some directory name (like when using
find or similar).

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. And
again, sorry for not reading your question properly
the first time around. I've registered bug #6528
for this issue:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6528&group_id=4522

Cheers,

/Per