lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:25:00 -0500 (EST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>Do you have any indication that lynx is trying to read your cookie file?
> Have you *told* lynx to read your cookie file?  And, just to make sure,
> what its name is?

In my lynxrc file I have:

cookie_file=/home/lwv26/.parms/lynx_cookies
which has the permissions:

-rw-------   1 lwv26    dept26       7167 Nov 24 07:16
/home/lwv26/.parms/lynx_cookies

In the old lynx, I see:

HTParse:      result:file://localhost/home/lwv26/.parms/home.html
HTMLDTD: Copying DTD element info of size 5192, 118 * 44
HTMLSetCharacterHandling: LYRawMode changed OFF -> ON
LYLoadCookies: reading cookies from /home/lwv26/.parms/lynx_cookies

but in the new lynx I see:
HTParse:      result:file://localhost/home/lwv26/.parms/home.html
HTMLSetCharacterHandling: LYRawMode changed OFF -> ON
ProcessMailcapFile: Loading file '/projects/sprs_lwv/lib/lynx/mailcap'.

For some reason, it seems to be either skipping the cookie file reading
or not tracing it.

I went into dbx and stopped in LYMain.c where persistent cookes should
be loaded.  I see this:

1580
 1581   #ifdef EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES
 1582       /*
 1583        * Sod it, this looks like a reasonable place to load the
 1584        * cookies file, probably.  - RP
 1585        */
 1586       if (persistent_cookies) {
 1587           if(LYCookieFile == NULL) {
 1588              LYAddPathToHome(LYCookieFile = malloc(LY_MAXPATH),
LY_MAXPATH, COOKIE_FILE);
 1589           } else {
 1590               if ((cp = strchr(LYCookieFile, '~'))) {

(dbx 18) print persistent_cookies
persistent_cookies = '\0'

So for some reason things are getting botched early on...

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-