lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:20:06 -0500 (EST)

From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>Actually, you should be able to find the first divergence of behavior
>without wading through trace logs.  Start two lynx sesssions in parallel
>(presumably using screen, or maybe switching with ^Z/fg), one of each
>version.  Use -noredir.  [Well, first you should probably verify that

I did this, using my old and new lynx and onelist.com.  Old lynx -noredir
takes me right to my personalized onelist page; new lynx -noredir takes
me right to the generic login page.  No redirections apparently are involved.

>step, i.e. after each redirection response, check the Cookie Jar pages
>before proceeding.  When does the first difference show up?

Using the same cookie file, the new lynx is missing almost all of the
cookie info that the old one had.

Old Cookie jar page:

   www.onelist.com
          [161]Domain=www.onelist.com (Cookies allowed via prompt.)
          [162]session=3XK45zHZYv_YEF-haO8nzkQoks6C_Vfat04dQpRlOtVcP84LtD
          8wSxoaHO57docFc2ylvg
          Path=/
          Port: 80 Secure: NO Discard: NO
          Maximum Gobble Date: Thu Nov 23 18:59:59 2000

New Cookie jar page:
 no cookie info at all for the site.

Note that the other cookies listed are dramatically different as well:

Here's all that the new page says:

                                                                    Cookie Jar

                   Lynx (2.8.3dev.15), help on [1]Cookie Jar

     NOTE: Activate links to gobble up cookies or entire domains, or to
     change a domain's 'allow' setting.

   .yahoo.com
          [2]Domain=.yahoo.com (Cookies always allowed.)
   .hotmail.com
          [3]Domain=.hotmail.com (Cookies always allowed.)
   .tripod.com
          [4]Domain=.tripod.com (Cookies always allowed.)
   .passport.com
          [5]Domain=.passport.com (Cookies always allowed.)
   .msn.com
          [6]Domain=.msn.com (Cookies always allowed.)
   .remarq.com
          [7]Domain=.remarq.com (Cookies allowed via prompt.)

Meanwhile , the old cookie page lists all the cookie info.

Did something significant happen in what gets output to the Jar page?
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-