lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev yahoo cookies not working the same in 2.8.3.dev15
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:56:04 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> > Is it really that hard to figure out that PERSISTENT_COOKIES in lynx.cfg
> > needs looking at?
>
> Yep - even after reading that comment, it never occured to me that
> this change was going to impact me in this way.

When I compile a new version of lynx, I generally do a diff between my
old lynx.cfg and the new default, as well as comparing the userdefs.h
files, to see what has changed. If for no other reason, improved
documentation becomes more evident. It also avoids problems like this.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden