lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:32:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> i don't believe Joe User has any idea of canonical forms:
> he simply wants to know `Does it work?'

But now *you* know, so you can carry on the torch of Consistency
in Capitalisation.  Which I am sure is there to benefit, not
to befuddle, your friends J&JU.

> and now i've looked at that final bit of Users Guide,
> what on earth is it there for?  FM being a schoolmarm?
> yes,  k  is far easier than  lynxkeymap: ,
YM      K  is far easier than  LYNXKEYMAP: , HTH
> but now i've found a way of going to the startfile
> without popping the stack via  m , but hold on!
>  m  doesn't pop the stack, so why is there a warning message?

Who said it has anything to do with popping the stack, why do
you bring that up?  Must be those three dots after the "But" into
which you are reading a lot.

> but now i'm beginning to question the Wisdom of the Ancients
> & will bring down on my head the collective wrath of all true believers.

No, we shall say first, Write a Better Text (Be a Better Schoolmarm, With
Less Dots And Exclamation Marks), and THEN shall disapprove and bring
down the wrath on your head.  (Or maybe the wreath.)

   Klaus