lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:43:14 -0500 (EST)

991119 Klaus Weide wrote:
> I can type 'g lynxcfg:', maybe that's good enough...
PW> a good point, provided it is documented somewhere,
PW> but it isn't: not in Users Guide or Supported URLs.
> let the inventor of LYNXCFG: do it... :)

yes, if we all accept that authors of features & their modifications
should be required to document them (allowing for language difficulties),
but i hesitate to ask TD to take on the task of doing the requiring.

> *if* typing 'g lynxcfg:' becomes an/The official/suggested way
> of accessing that page - should it be changed "LYNXCFG:" -> "lynxcfg:" ?

 lynxcfg:  works for me.

> Supported URLs makes the destinction
> "lynx...:" - documented individually some way
> vs. "LYNX...:" documented only summarily as "internal URLs".

is THAT distinction documented ... (grin)?

i've added a line to LHFB to cover  lynxcompileopts: .
my vote is to have both in the Options Forms Page
-- what did we agree we should call it? -- ,
probably at the top rather than the bottom, as at present.
they don't belong on the  =  page.