lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:13:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

>  lynxcfg:  works for me.

Well, typing in 'g HtTp://localhost/' works, too.  But "http:" is still
the canonical form (and lynx canonicalizes it), and "LYNXCFG:" is the
canonical form for the LYNXCFG scheme, whereas "lynxcgi:" is the canonical
form for the lynxcgi scheme.

> > Supported URLs makes the destinction
> > "lynx...:" - documented individually some way
> > vs. "LYNX...:" documented only summarily as "internal URLs".
>
> is THAT distinction documented ... (grin)?

What, do all documents have to have a "How To Read This Document"
section?  (And do they then also have to have a "How To Read The 'How
To Read This Document' Section" section?) :)

It seems obvious to me that after

       The lynxexec and lynxprog URLs:
and
       The lynxcgi URL:

the heading

       The LYNXfoo internal URLs:

means something like "internal URLs, which we choose to capitalize in
order to distinguish them from the other ones".

> i've added a line to LHFB to cover  lynxcompileopts: .
> my vote is to have both in the Options Forms Page
> -- what did we agree we should call it? -- ,

The thread died...

  Klaus