lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS: (was: something wrong with LYNXKEYMA

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS: (was: something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:44:03 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 13-Nov-99 18:11 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>
> >> 3) When moved to the options menu, old-fashion menu users will lack the
> >> functionality. Is that you want to?
>
> > I find your three points convincing (until someone comes up with a
> > better idea).  But maybe there should be a link to it on the 'O'ptions
> > menu, too.
> you mean "form-based" options menu?

Yes.

I don't agree with discouraging use of the old-style menu completely
(like Henry seems to suggest), though.  What with the bugs that are
still being discovered in the forms options handling...

> IMHO, for forms-based menu one could move LYNXCOMPILEOPTS:/ from
> the =)information page down to the O)ptions menu (as a separate link
> or a reference from the LYNXCFG:/ in turn. Does it have any sence to
> have 'lynxcfg_info' disabled but 'compileopts_info' enabled the same
> time?)

'lynxcfg_info' may show info specific to the machine lynx is running on
(paths etc.), while 'compileopts_info' can be very generic - the binary
may have been compiled on a different machine after all, as is the case
with all binary distributions.

   Klaus