lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:57:56 +0900 (JST)

> I think an ultimate idea to add a help link for every internal
> page was wrong (*). IMHO, the only useful case is in "Options menu"
> where lots of details easily available now in case of questions (well,
> only for form-based menu).

I'm very glad to hear that.  Hope you'll have better luck than I did
over the past year dissuading others of the need for all those links.

On a related thread, is there any chance you will reconsider not
duplicating the "development version" (http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/)
and "your lynx.cfg" (LYNXCFG:/) links on the =)nformation page, and
make them available only on the form-based O)ption Menu?  The Option
Menu is where they have meaning, not on a page that is information about
the current document.

__Henry