lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anyone seen OpenDesk.com ?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone seen OpenDesk.com ?
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:45:50 -0500 (EST)

991109 Janina Sajka & Larry Virden wrote:
LV> OpenDesk.com is a new internet portal service
> offering email, bookmark, address book, calendaring etc
> on a central server for free.  It is open source,
> so people can contribute, check out the code etc.
> it claims it works on 'any 4.0 browser'.
> do we have to go to lynx 4.0 before they let us 'in' ?  <sad smile>
JS> It reminds me of the old days of BBS except it's on a IP network.
> it seemed reasonably friendly to my non-standard, blind user
> synthetic-speech based screen access technology.

what are you two whingeing about?  just habit?
 www.opendesk.com  seems an admirable site
& even told me politely when i submitted a blank entry form,
having refused all cookies (my own habit).
if anyone actually starts using it & runs into a problem with Lynx,
that's the time to take it up with the managers,
who so far show all the signs of being Lynx-friendly.