lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anyone seen OpenDesk.com ?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone seen OpenDesk.com ?
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 18:12:08 -0500 (EST)

Oh, I am 'whining' about the fact that the site depends on Javascript,
java, and DHTML (according to the developers, with whom I've been emailing),
and requires Netscape or IE 4.x or 5.x.  They hope 'some day' someone
who has requirements for lynx, icab, opera, etc. jumps in and contributes
code, but they have decided to focus on the 'majority' of potential users.
When _I_ try the site, the login page says that I won't be able to use it
because I don't have Javascript active and the submit button just says
'[BUTTON]'...

It just seems a shame to me for an open source project to choose closed
source browsers as their client base.
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-