lynx-dev

lynx-dev Anyone seen OpenDesk.com ?

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Anyone seen OpenDesk.com ?
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:12:10 -0500 (EST)

OpenDesk.com is a new internet portal service which will be offering
email, bookmark, address book, calendaring, etc. on a central server,
for free.  It is open source, so people can contribute, check out the
code, etc.

Currently, it claims it works on 'any 4.0 browser'.  Sigh - do we have
to go to lynx 4.0 before they let us 'in' ?  <sad smile>...  Open Source
tied to closed source Internet Explorer and the currently closed source
Netscape Communicator I guess.  Sure there is the continuing promise
that some day Netscape will truly release an 'open source' version.
I'm not going to try to hold my breath until then...
--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>
-><-