Re: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 08:40:37 -0600

On 3/5/2019 8:27 AM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
I have a half-dozen Mac machines (of various ages and superpowers) here, most of which do
nothing >95% of the time. If "running GUB for official builds" is a relatively
one-click process [assuming the setup is already done, of course!], then I’m happy to
volunteer cycles.

So far from being a one-click process, at this point it's still just a research project. GUB needs taught how to build for 64-bit macOS, this needs a newer macOS SDK, and Apple says "use XCode on a Mac instead." I'm trying to ask on Apple Developer Forum about this, to see if this issue is really closed as tightly as it appears. (More permissive license terms in the past, perhaps?)

And I can't answer the question of whether such a remote-Mac-user arrangement for macOS builds is acceptable and workable for the developers and software builders.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA