LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 18:36:16 +0100

Hi all,

Up till now I have done all of my LilyPond work on a MacBook Pro with MacOSX 10.9.5, alias Mavericks.

Recently DropBox warned me that on april 9  it will end the support of the Dropbox Desktop App for this OS. In other words, to keep using this app., I will have to upgrade my OS.

But if and when I do that I will no longer be able to use my LilyPond apps  since an upgraded Mac OS needs 64-bit versions.

My problem is that I have no idea how and where to get a 64-bit version of LilyPond for a Mac and how to install it.

Could anybody help or instruct me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Robert Blackstone