(almost-)freezing current master

From: address@hidden
Subject: (almost-)freezing current master
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:19:18 +0100

Hey all,

To prepare for 2.18, I think we can get it out fastish, but we need to more or
less freeze current master aside from bug fixes and documentation.  I have a
lot of stuff on the countdown or on patch push that I'm not gonna push for a
few months until we get 2.18 out (Ferneyhough hairpins, repeat slurs, etc.).

Is everyone comfortable adopting a similar policy?  David has suggested
2-months as a possible time frame, which I think is possible (there are no
egregious, unfixable bugs).  I can hold off this long on pushing big patches.
Any longer and it starts to become tedious w/ rebasing and further work and
whatnot, so I am way-for an almost-freeze of current master.

Cheers,
MS