Re: (almost-)freezing current master

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: (almost-)freezing current master
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:11:03 +0100

Am 21.03.2013 19:19, schrieb address@hidden:
Hey all,

To prepare for 2.18, I think we can get it out fastish, but we need
to more or less freeze current master aside from bug fixes and
documentation. I have a lot of stuff on the countdown or on patch
push that I'm notgonna push for a few months until we get 2.18 out
> (Ferneyhough hairpins, repeat slurs, etc.).

I don't know whether it feasible to find a "rule" for the outstanding
patches, but things like the hairpins do not have a large impact on
_existing_ scores, so why not push them?

Bigger projects should probably be held off or pushed to a
separate branch.

Is everyone comfortable adopting a similar policy? David has
suggested  2-months as a possible time frame, which I think is
> possible (there are no egregious, unfixable bugs). I can hold
> off this long on pushing big patches. Any longer and it starts
> to become tedious w/ rebasing and further work and whatnot, so
>  I am way-for an almost-freeze of current master.

Sounds reasonable to me, but since I have no big patches pending,
I am not in the position to judge this.

Marc

Cheers,
MS