Re: reorganize self_alignment_interface (issue 7768043)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: reorganize self_alignment_interface (issue 7768043)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:28:45 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/diff/19001/lily/self-alignment-interface.cc
File lily/self-alignment-interface.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/diff/19001/lily/self-alignment-interface.cc#newcode128
lily/self-alignment-interface.cc:128: /* LilyPond positions every grob
relative to its parent in respective axis.
In general, try to avoid using the word LilyPond in comments, as it is
in the LilyPond code base.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/diff/19001/lily/self-alignment-interface.cc#newcode133
lily/self-alignment-interface.cc:133:
I don't see staff space being looked up anywhere in the function.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/diff/19001/lily/self-alignment-interface.cc#newcode144
lily/self-alignment-interface.cc:144:
With respect to my last review, this function should accept a pointer to
a vector of grob pointers:

vector<Grob *> &hims

so that you can do the note column stuff for lyrics.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/diff/19001/lily/self-alignment-interface.cc#newcode144
lily/self-alignment-interface.cc:144:
I don't have the energy to trigger another comment flame war, but a
comment like this may wind up diverging from what the code is doing (it
already does with the staff space thing).  Can you write the bare
minimum and comment the code below in places?  The code is already
clear: I can tell what you're doing and why you're doing it, so it
speaks for itself.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7768043/