Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:29:39 +0100

Carl Sorensen wrote Friday, August 07, 2009 2:49 PM

The generic approach has now been pushed to git

247f0b6d46fd8f3253a99f95a70ce14345daa5f9

There's a generic styledNoteHeads music function that applies a note style
to music whether or not it's in a chord construct.

deadNotes and palmMute have been redefined to use the generic functions
instead of a specific function.

I've finally got around to looking at this.
It seems the \deadNote function works fine,
but \deadNotesOn and \deadNotesOff do not.

I had a quick look at their definitions and
I think they should be

deadNotesOn =
 #(define-music-function (parser location) ()
    (override-head-style '(TabNoteHead NoteHead) 'cross))

rather than

deadNotesOn = {
 #(override-head-style '(TabNoteHead NoteHead) 'cross)
}

since they do modify the music stream.  Anyway,
after making that change it works - except it
seems not to work if placed before the very
first note in a score.  Not sure why this is.

Could you check this out please, as I'm not
very sure of my ground here.  Thanks.

Trevor