Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:28:02 +0200

Graham Percival schrieb:
On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 08:51:42PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
Carl Sorensen wrote Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:32 PM

And if we're ever going to move it to a postfix operator (which is one of the goals of the GLISS project), now is the time, before we get a strong
codebase of music function applications.

Yes, this is planned.  It's been on my list of discussions to
introduce when the website/build stuff is finished, for about two
months now.

Sorry to interrupt, but what's wrong with prefix notation?
I mean, we code and read music from left to right, so
it seems nore natural to me to have the command changing
the behaviour of a note in front of it.

Yes, I assume, every parser constructor will condemn me for this,
but for readability, a line like

c4 harmonic: d e f (without a leading backslash!)

is easier to understand than

c4 d\harmonic e f

Again, I don't think this is the right time to introduce this
discussion, but I guess we could do so anyway.

Yes, that's right.

Marc
Cheers,
- Graham