Re: lilycontrib.tcl, was Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"

From: Maximilian Albert
Subject: Re: lilycontrib.tcl, was Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:34:55 +0900

2009/8/11 Johannes Schindelin <address@hidden>:

> Okay, I could not resist, so here is something more capable.

Thanks for not being more resistable. :-) (And for giving a nice
illustration how easy it actually is to write a quick hacked-up GUI -
I guess that'll be useful to me on many occasions in the future).

>  It actually
> only gives you a "Clone/Update" button that makes sure that a local clone
> (hardcoded to $HOME/lilypond) is up-to-date, but at least it has a
> progress bar, and I verified that it works even on Windows (what with its
> ridiculous insistence to put everything into directories containing
> spaces).

When I try that script, I end up with an "empty" directory (i.e., only
the .git subdirectory is present). Running "git status" says that all
the files in the source tree were deleted. I can thus recreate them by
running "git reset --hard HEAD". What's happening here?

Thanks,
Max