Re: omf in documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: omf in documentation
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:50:12 -0700

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:51:18AM -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Graham
> Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
> > Are these for the Open Source Metadata Framework?
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/osrt/omf/
>
> Yes.
>
> > Are they actually being used?  If not, can I remove them?
>
> I can't remember.  There is a script to generate the omf files, and
> the theory was that distributors could install them appropriately, so
> the lily docs would show up in centralized help systems.  I think that
> has never happened, though.

It looks like they exist in Documentation/out-www/, but not
out-www/offline-root/

*shrug*
I'm ok with ignoring them now.  If anybody wants this in the
future, they can see this (brief) discussion in the mailist, and
it should be easy to send a patch that copies them into our dist
tarball so that they can use them for whatever they want to use
them for.

Cheers,
- Graham