Re: chords

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: chords
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:40:29 +0100

Citat Amelie Zapf <address@hidden>:

> I don't want to sound all that lazy. Please allow me to explain: I simply
> _cannot_ install the CVS version, because, as a professional musician, I need
>
> a tool that works reliably. I published a version on the list that should
> work for the latest development release. I feel like I did my duty (please
> correct me if I'm wrong).

It really isn't that hard to install two versions simultainously.
The trick is to install them at different places (using the --prefix option of
configure).
Then you can use a symlink to decide which version to use.
Changing the symlink will give you the corresponding version.

Please ask again if you need more explanation.

-Rune