Re: chords

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: chords
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:26:48 -0800

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:46:19 +0100
Amelie Zapf <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't want to sound all that lazy. Please allow me to explain: I
> simply _cannot_ install the CVS version, because, as a professional
> musician, I need a tool that works reliably.

Heh, I know exactly has that feels.  :(

When Lilypond was on version 1.5.x, I could maintain a "stable lily deb"
and an "unstable lily deb" -- I made CVS using "make deb", and then I
could install the CVS version (when I was working on doc patches) or the
stable version (when I needed to compose).  Unfortunately, "make deb"
doesn't work when lily CVS requires guile1.6, and guile1.6 isn't in
debian yet.  (apparently it's supposed to come soon; it's a tricky thing
to package)

Anyway, I can't see any solution in the immediate future, but hopefully
soon we'll be able to use that trick.  (alternatively, if you use a
different distro, you might be able to do this trick with rpms).

Cheers,
- Graham