Re: Porrectus (continued)

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Porrectus (continued)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 02:47:47 +0100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Maybe best to just add a blot-diameter circle to the feta font.  If
> you do it in PS, you'll get the same dvips alignment trouble we're
> trying to avoid.  See staccato-dot or so.

I tried that.
I did

fet_beginchar("blot","blot", "blot")
        pickup pencircle scaled blot_diameter;
        drawdot (blot_diameter/2,0);
        set_char_box(0, blot_diameter#, blot_diameter#/2, blot_diameter#/2);
fet_endchar;

When I invoked metafont with

mf  "\mode=\proof; mag="`guile -c "(write (/ 600 2602))"`";" input
feta20.mf

producing a 600dpi gf file, the result of the blot was this (one X = one
pixel):

XXX
XXX
XXX
XXX

Why is the blot-diameter so small - it seems pointless with all this
fuss when the result in 600dpi nevertheless will be a perfect rectangle.

Well, the blot-diameter actually should depend on the resolution - but
is that possible?

-Rune