Re: Porrectus (continued)

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Porrectus (continued)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:36:14 +0100 (MET)

On 3 Jan 2002, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Well, a third "thing" to do (ugly, I know, but with the dvips bug you cannot
> > avoid ugly hacks) would be to let filledbox combine a nice rounded box out
> > of
> > two \vrule's (forming a cross) and four blots (in the corners of the cross).
>
> Now that's a smart hack.  It also has some advantages to have TeX draw
> stems and ledger lines.

Actually, that was my first approach: drawing two overlapping rectangles
(or, if you prefer, three non-overlapping rectangles) and adding filled
circles, as shown below for the upper left corner.

  --+--------------+
 /  |  \           |
!   |   !          |
+---+--------------+---+
!   |   !          |   |
!\  |  /           |   |
! --+--            |   |
!   |              |   |
!   |              |   |
+---+--------------+---+
    |              |
    |              |
    +--------------+

The problem is the circle, which is currently supported neither by
lookup.cc, nor by tex.scm, ps.scm, pdf.scm etc.  I could give it a try,
but that probably would take quite a while, since I had to study
ps, pdf etc. in detail.  Are there any volunteers that already know
about ps, pdf, etc. and could just provide a filled circle via
lookup.cc? :-) (We will need circles anyway as soon as we introduce
contemporary graphical notation into lily.)

Actually, I succeeded in drawing a bezier-sandwich that looks like a
half-circle, but a true circle would be nicer.

Greetings,

Juergen