Re: Porrectus (continued)

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Porrectus (continued)
Date: 08 Jan 2002 15:34:03 +0100

Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> writes:

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
> > Maybe best to just add a blot-diameter circle to the feta font.  If
> > you do it in PS, you'll get the same dvips alignment trouble we're
> > trying to avoid.  See staccato-dot or so.
>
> I tried that.

Thanks.  I'll have to look into this later.

> Why is the blot-diameter so small

The only real requirement is for the printout to look as much as
beautifully engraved music as possible.  Sharp edges are noticeably
ugly.

> - it seems pointless with all this fuss when the result in 600dpi
> nevertheless will be a perfect rectangle.

arg, there's no point if this is the case -- but this should/can never
happen; it must look roundish.  We should check this.

> Well, the blot-diameter actually should depend on the resolution - but
> is that possible?

In metafont that's automatic, I guess.  But what we do in postscript
should be linked to that...   There are more of this kind of problems,
stem thickness is another problem.