koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:48:10 +0100

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
On 1/21/08, Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
Joshua Ferraro a écrit :

1 March - release date for Koha 3.0 stable (last day to get your strings into
the stable release, otherwise you have to wait until 3.2).
mmm... joshua : couldn't translation be included in 3.0.x ? (or don't
you plan to release any 3.0.x version, which would be a major change in
our release scheme)
Any 3.0.x versions will, in this case, be bugfix releases only, new features,
such as new translations, should go into 3.2, 3.4, etc. Or am I misunderstanding
the new version scheme?

You did the new version scheme, so you can't misunderstand it :-D

I can't imagine managing too many versions of
translations ... it could get pretty un-manageable pretty fast :-)

well... i'm sure i'll have some fixes to the french translation after the release. Some minor spelling errors, or some strings changed in the english version that have to be fixed in the translator.

We won't have a total string freeze in a stable release, because we can always discover a bug that must be fixed only by a string (and thus a change in the translation file). For example, in circulation module, we could find a case where the issue is not possible and we must warn the librarian with a specific string.

So I think we should consider updating translations in releases as something possible.

Adding a new one is maybe different and may be discarded, I agree.

cheers

--
Paul POULAIN
BibLibre SARL