koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment

From: Axel Bojer
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:00:50 +0100

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
On 1/19/08, Selma Aslan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

1. A request for clarification please:

referring to item 98:
#. %1$s: TMPL_VAR name=import_errors
 #:
../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/tools/stage-marc-import.tmpl:39
 #, c-format
 msgid "%s records not staged because of MARC error"
 msgstr ""
 a. Does "stage" above mean starting the import process, and
b. %s imply that a number is to be inserted there ?
c. If  yes, and if the structure of the language requires this number to be
stated in the middle, rather than at the beginning can we move it?
 eg. if
"%s records not staged because of MARC error" means
"The process of importing could not be started for  x number of records
because of MARC error".
 I have to translate it into Turkish as follows:
 " MARC hatasi nedeniyle x kaydýn iþlemleri baþlatýlamamýþtýr" which
requires  %s to  be placed in the middle:
Yes, that's correct, you can move the %s. Please read the instructions
here:
http://translate.koha.org/remember.php?lg=en

 "MARC hatasi nedeniyle %s kaydýn iþlemi baþlatilamamiþtir"

 is that OK?
Yes.

2. If bibs stands for bibliographic records, what does "biblios" stand for?
Are they the same?
Yes, they are the same.

3. I understand most prefer web interface as I do myself. However I would
like to point out that it is very useful to use the files to put terms to be
translated into context. For instance in the case of item 123, which reads
"&copy; %s" , it did not mean anything to me until I found the following in
the file:

#. For the first occurrence,
#. %1$s: TMPL_VAR name=copyrightdate
#:
../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/suggestion/acceptorreject.tmpl:100
#:
../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/suggestion/acceptorreject.tmpl:140
#, c-format
msgid "&copy; %s"
msgstr ""
Yes, that's true, and one shortcoming of the web-based version. Once
the beta is released,
you'll be able to verify your translation in the context of the Koha
system (on a demo, or via
your own installation), and make any needed corrections before the
stable release is pushed
out on 1 March.

Hello!

So, the final date for sending the last strings is pushed one month from 1. february to 1. march?

Or perhaps:
1. commit 1. february
2. commit with last corrections before 1. march?

Best regards
Axel Bojer