koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:03:43 -0500

On 1/19/08, Selma Aslan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 1. A request for clarification please:
>
> referring to item 98:
> #. %1$s: TMPL_VAR name=import_errors
>  #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/tools/stage-marc-import.tmpl:39
>  #, c-format
>  msgid "%s records not staged because of MARC error"
>  msgstr ""
>  a. Does "stage" above mean starting the import process, and
> b. %s imply that a number is to be inserted there ?
> c. If  yes, and if the structure of the language requires this number to be
> stated in the middle, rather than at the beginning can we move it?
>  eg. if
> "%s records not staged because of MARC error" means
> "The process of importing could not be started for  x number of records
> because of MARC error".
>  I have to translate it into Turkish as follows:
>  " MARC hatasi nedeniyle x kaydın işlemleri başlatılamamıştır" which
> requires  %s to  be placed in the middle:
Yes, that's correct, you can move the %s. Please read the instructions
here:
http://translate.koha.org/remember.php?lg=en

>  "MARC hatasi nedeniyle %s kaydın işlemi başlatilamamiştir"
>
>  is that OK?
Yes.

> 2. If bibs stands for bibliographic records, what does "biblios" stand for?
> Are they the same?
Yes, they are the same.

> 3. I understand most prefer web interface as I do myself. However I would
> like to point out that it is very useful to use the files to put terms to be
> translated into context. For instance in the case of item 123, which reads
> "&copy; %s" , it did not mean anything to me until I found the following in
> the file:
>
> #. For the first occurrence,
> #. %1$s: TMPL_VAR name=copyrightdate
> #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/suggestion/acceptorreject.tmpl:100
> #:
> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/suggestion/acceptorreject.tmpl:140
> #, c-format
> msgid "&copy; %s"
> msgstr ""
Yes, that's true, and one shortcoming of the web-based version. Once
the beta is released,
you'll be able to verify your translation in the context of the Koha
system (on a demo, or via
your own installation), and make any needed corrections before the
stable release is pushed
out on 1 March.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS