koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] 2 questions and a comment
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:47:29 -0500

On 1/20/08, Axel Bojer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro wrote:
> > On 1/19/08, Selma Aslan <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> 1. A request for clarification please:
> >>
> >> referring to item 98:
> >> #. %1$s: TMPL_VAR name=import_errors
> >>  #:
> >> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/tools/stage-marc-import.tmpl:39
> >>  #, c-format
> >>  msgid "%s records not staged because of MARC error"
> >>  msgstr ""
> >>  a. Does "stage" above mean starting the import process, and
> >> b. %s imply that a number is to be inserted there ?
> >> c. If  yes, and if the structure of the language requires this number to be
> >> stated in the middle, rather than at the beginning can we move it?
> >>  eg. if
> >> "%s records not staged because of MARC error" means
> >> "The process of importing could not be started for  x number of records
> >> because of MARC error".
> >>  I have to translate it into Turkish as follows:
> >>  " MARC hatasi nedeniyle x kaydın işlemleri başlatılamamıştır" which
> >> requires  %s to  be placed in the middle:
> > Yes, that's correct, you can move the %s. Please read the instructions
> > here:
> > http://translate.koha.org/remember.php?lg=en
> >
> >>  "MARC hatasi nedeniyle %s kaydın işlemi başlatilamamiştir"
> >>
> >>  is that OK?
> > Yes.
> >
> >> 2. If bibs stands for bibliographic records, what does "biblios" stand for?
> >> Are they the same?
> > Yes, they are the same.
> >
> >> 3. I understand most prefer web interface as I do myself. However I would
> >> like to point out that it is very useful to use the files to put terms to
> >> be
> >> translated into context. For instance in the case of item 123, which reads
> >> "&copy; %s" , it did not mean anything to me until I found the following in
> >> the file:
> >>
> >> #. For the first occurrence,
> >> #. %1$s: TMPL_VAR name=copyrightdate
> >> #:
> >> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/suggestion/acceptorreject.tmpl:100
> >> #:
> >> ../../koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/suggestion/acceptorreject.tmpl:140
> >> #, c-format
> >> msgid "&copy; %s"
> >> msgstr ""
> > Yes, that's true, and one shortcoming of the web-based version. Once
> > the beta is released,
> > you'll be able to verify your translation in the context of the Koha
> > system (on a demo, or via
> > your own installation), and make any needed corrections before the
> > stable release is pushed
> > out on 1 March.
>
> Hello!
>
> So, the final date for sending the last strings is pushed one month from
> 1. february to 1. march?
>
> Or perhaps:
> 1. commit 1. february
> [...]
Just to clarify:

1 Feb - release date for Koha 3.0 beta (last day to get your strings into
the Beta).

1 March - release date for Koha 3.0 stable (last day to get your strings into
the stable release, otherwise you have to wait until 3.2).

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS