iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Samples in sfloader API - revisited (was: Code fr

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Samples in sfloader API - revisited (was: Code freeze?)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:34:15 +0100

:::::::::20/12/02::::11:07 +0100::::Peter Hanappe:::::::::
So, if I make a short resume of all these propositions, iiwu_sample_t
would look like this:

Seems fine to me.

If this is going to make it before featurefreeze, please keep in mind that there is another soundfont implementation than the default soundfont : ramsfont.h This ramsfont allows for the dynamic creation of soundfont data structures in RAM, including a specific ramsfont_t and rampreset_t. It uses the default sample_t struct. It is used in the Xtra.

The scheme that you are proposing does not break anything in the ramsfont, *except* the iiwu_sample_set_name function, that gives a name to the sample. I guess that this could be removed, as it is not crucial to the Xtra.

Just beware that changing the relationships between the voice and a sample may imply changes in the ramsfont.c file also.

BTW, I have ported this ramsfont.c file onto the new unload_sfont scheme (refcounting) and onto the new id feature of soundfonts.
This has been CVS'd a few hours ago.

++ as