iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Code freeze?

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Code freeze?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:44:24 +0200

Hei,

I will have time between Friday and Sunday, and I'm planning to do some
changes.
Among other things I'd like to add a 'select' command with a soundfont
number parameter.

The plan was:
> - Code freeze: wednesday, december 18th
> - Name change: thursday, december 19th
> - Xmas: wednesday, december 25th

Is the code freeze still on the schedule? In this case I'll leave the
'iiwu' branch alone and start with 'fluid', as soon as it becomes
available.

Now that Swami could also make use of the MIDI router (to react to
incoming MIDI events), it may be a good idea to put this into the first
'stable' release, at least the interface and a default dummy router that
does nothing (old: Midi driver -> synth, new: Midi driver -> Midi router
-> synth).

And finally, about TCP/IP: It sounds like a very good idea, and it opens
up a whole lot of possibilities: For example to create a LADSPA plugin
containing Iiwusynth, that is configured through a TCP/IP port.

Cheers

Markus