iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Code freeze?

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Code freeze?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 03:08:42 +0100

M. Nentwig wrote:
Hei,

The plan was:

- Code freeze: wednesday, december 18th
- Name change: thursday, december 19th
- Xmas: wednesday, december 25th

Is the code freeze still on the schedule? In this case I'll leave the
'iiwu' branch alone and start with 'fluid', as soon as it becomes
available.

Yep, today was supposed to be the code freeze. However, I'd like to call
for a 'feature freeze'. There are many ideas that are still being
discussed but I'd like to keep them for the next version.

In my opinion, what's most important for version 1.0 is that
the synth is:

- compliant to the SoundFont 2.01 specs
- compliant to the Midi specs
- crickle-crackle and bug free
- well documented and easy to use
- readably coded

I think that's already quite an achievement. In addition, we already
offer more features than the above specs.

The only things that I'd like to finish on the code level are:
- handle tuning dump sysex messages (I started it, should finish)
- define/fix the bank number offsets
- define good presets for chorus and reverb
- should we do the Midi modes (Omni/poly/mono)?

Then I still have some problems with the tuning and the chorus on a
couple of my test midifiles. And the windows driver goes bazurk.
Hopefully some of these points get fixed by early next week so we
can do the name change soon and fork off a developer branch.

Cheers,
Peter

Cheers

Markus