iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] MIDI router proposal

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] MIDI router proposal
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:33:09 +0200

> OMNI mode should be implemented in the synthesizer since it can be
> triggered with the iiwu_synth_cc function.

Moi,
You are right, there is a MIDI command to switch OMNI mode. But I still
think that it should be processed on the MIDI router level instead on
synth level.
Our current synthesizer can play one single preset (SF / Alesis term) /
program (Korg term) / patch (Roland?) per MIDI channel. The MIDI router
adds a combination (Korg) / Mix (Alesis) / performance (Roland?) mode,
where several synthesizer 'channels' can be triggered by a single noteon
event. Now we add an 'Omni' mode to this beast. What I would expect from
this is that a received MIDI event from any channel is converted to the
omni channel and -then- the MIDI router triggers the different synth
channels, depending on the setup.

-Markus