iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] MIDI router proposal

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] MIDI router proposal
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:10:20 +0100

Josh Green wrote:
I'm not sure I completely understand the purpose of your MIDI routing
proposal. But a feature that I have wanted for some time would be the
ability to route incoming MIDI destined for FluidSynth to be monitored
by Swami. This would allow Swami to keep track of current MIDI
controller values as well as update the virtual keyboard to show the
notes that are being played. Would this be possible with your proposal?

Hi Josh,

Just so I understand clearly: would you like to monitor incoming midi
events when fluidsynth is running as a separate application, or when
Swami instantiates it as a plugin?

Cheers,
Peter

Cheers.