Re: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo v.s. Many Faces

From: max-d
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo v.s. Many Faces
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:43:03 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arend Bayer" <address@hidden>
To: "GNU Go development" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 1:03 AM

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, David G Doshay wrote:
>
> > On Aug 25, 2004, at 12:47 PM, Arend Bayer wrote:
> > > You don't need to have Sluggo running on the windows machine:
> > > 1. Have Sluggo listen on a TCP/IP port.
> > > 2. Run "netgtp" (provided in the tools coming with GoGui [1]) as the
> > > GTP engine on the windows machine.
> > >
> > > Arend
> > >
> > > [1] http://www.markus-enzenberger.de/compgo/gogui.html
> >
> > Does GoGui talk to Go++?
>
> No. What I mean is: Use Max' auto_go to make a match between Go++ and a
> GTP engine. As GTP engine on the windows machine, you use
> 'netgtp [hostname] [port]'
> where hostname and port are the machine and port on which your cluster
> is listening.
>
> Arend

David
This should be not very difficult to do
I just must learn how to listen/talk to winsocks
this should be possible with that
http://www.overbyte.be/frame_index.html

Arend's solution using "netgtp" should be feasable too.
Just i need time !

Rightnow i will finish the autogo interface to MFG and a friend of mine who
own MFG will run a 200 games match  vs GNUGO 3.5.9 (is it the version you
use in SlugGo?) just to get some benchmark..

md.