Re: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo v.s. Many Faces 2h stones early results

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] SlugGo v.s. Many Faces 2h stones early results
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:19:23 -0700

On Aug 26, 2004, at 6:22 PM, Gunnar Farnebäck wrote:

David wrote:
Unfortunately, we only have one pc for running Many Faces, so the
games come in slowly.

This is humoristic. You write this deeply searching, very slow program
which requires a cluster to run, but in the end it turns out to be the
opponent which is the bottleneck. :-)

(I'm aware that it's probably idle most of the time, but it's still
the scarce resource.)

Indeed. Many Faces answers almost instantly, one or two seconds
most of the time, but there is only one. It just feels so odd to consider
buying a rack full of Windows boxes to play against ... Maybe I'll be
able to find a bunch of PCs that are idle.

Cheers,
David